HOME : Remotes
: DEI Remote Programming Instructions
|DEI REMOTE PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS
Need a DEI Remote Replacement Now? Try our all New Remote Quick-Find
Not sure what type of Replacement Remote you need? Then click Here
In order to enter Learn Routine, the
Valet/Program push button must be
into the main brain's Blue 2 Pin Port (Look for a small black push button located
the drivers dash or drivers kick panel somewhere).
If you do not have the
switch, you may order it
1) Open a door and make sure the dome light is on.
2) Turn the ignition on to the RUN position or you may also start car.
3) Within 15 seconds press and release the Valet/Program push button
to select the channel you wish to program. For example, press and release
once for channel 1 (arm/disarm channel).
For Channel 2, press and release twice (trunk release).
For Channel 3, press and release three times (remote start).
systems require different programming for different channels. You
can get specific installation manuals with remote programming
Press and hold the Valet/Program push button once more. You should get a
a flashing LED light (If installed).
If you do not get a chirp/horn-honk the alarm may have a jumper in
the alarm that has the programming feature turned OFF (disabled).
4) Once the alarm chirps/horn-honks keep holding the Valet/Program push button.
5) Press the button on the transmitter that you would like to control the
channel. A chirp/horn-honk will confirm that the code has been learned. If
more than one transmitter repeat step 5. Old transmitter codes will be
if programming 4 new transmitters.
6) Once the code(s) are learned, the Valet/Program push button can be released.
Learn Routine will be Exited if:
Ignition is turned off
Door is closed
Valet/Program push button is pressed too many times
More than 15 seconds elapses between steps
One long chirp/horn-honk indicates that Learn Routine has been exited.
Learn more about the Valet/Program
For Owner and Installation manuals with Remote Programming Instructions, Click Here